In times of stress and uncertainty I like to bake and cook. I decided to go with baking this evening since my buddy is under the weather and thats what she would do. BAKE! It's not just for when you are hung-over!
I came across 6 bananas that were too ripe to eat at work so I took them home to make banana bread. I also got 4 totally black frozen ripe bananas from my friend Jesse. I used a very simple old basic recipe and added a couple things.
The recipe calls for
1 cup butter (never use margarine)
2 cup sugar ( i always use 1 - 1 and a 1/2 cups)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
4 cup flour
6 large bananas
1 cup nuts ( i use walnuts)
1. mix butter and sugar then eggs
2. mix dry ingredients then sift into wet ones
3. add bananas, i took the 4 frozen ones put them in my oven safe bowl and rinsed with hot water so they start to get soggy, then i put over gas stove and mash till it's a warm smooth liquid banana soup. the other 6 not totally ripe ones i mash into mix but leave some chunks the size of quarters.
4. i add a tsp of real vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ginger, lemon peel, cardamom and nutmeg for my extra special spice.
5. grease the pans heavy with butter!
325 degrees for 1 hour and fifteen min. this recipe will make 2 large loafs or in my case 1 normal and 2 small.
FEEL BETTER TAN!